Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Max Ray, Brilliant Sea Operations Commander!!!



Out of all the Centurions, Max Ray is probably my favorite. I don't know exactly why, but he definitely appealed to me the most. Maybe my father being in the U.S. Navy contributed to that (my father has his own blog, too. unsungheroesofvietnam.blogspot.com, check it out).

It was never really made clear WHO was the LEADER of the Centurions. Some people say Jake, some say Ace, but for me it was definitely Max Ray that led this group of specially trained individuals.

If you've seen the cartoons, Max seemed to be the most level-headed of the group. And even in a tight situation, he always found a way out.

In the first episode, "The Sky is on Fire", there was a part where the Centurions were trapped in a cell with no way to contact Crystal Kane (more on her later) on Sky Vault (their orbiting weapons base. That, too, will be discussed later). Anyway, there was a lightning storm raging outside, and Max disassembles a bunk bed in the cell and uses the springs as a LIGHTNING ROD to blow the door of the cell off it's hinges. VOILA! They escape and manage to save the day.

Another great example of Max's ingeniuity was in the episode titled "The Sand Worm". The Centurions were up against this GIANT sand-worm. Their weapons had no effect. Max takes off his exo-frame and throws it into the sand-worms's mouth, then instructs Crystal Kane on Sky Vault to beam his exo-frame (which is now INSIDE the sand-worm) to a set of coordinates, which turns out be Doc Terror's (the main bad guy) base.

Yep, Max was definitely DA MAN. He also had a MUSTACHE a'la Tom Selleck. Can't beat that. Cool-headed AND suave. What more can you ask for in a hero?

I could go on and on about Max Ray but I'll take it slow and get into all the details as best I can, rather than rush in just to post something. I'll churn out new stuff regularly so keep checking back.

Until then, Power X-treme!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment